Saturday, January 8, 2011

Right, Lets get started!

Hello!

Right, now we've got the basics of hello and what is going to be going on within this blog sorted lets get down to business.

I have decided to build my own boat. I dont fancy buying one and after tinkering with lots of different ships and boat I thought "Why not?". I am going to be starting from scratch so I am going to design everything myself and we shall see how all that goes.

First off, I needed a name for this project. Normally naming something comes at the very end of the process but I decided that I wanted my project to have a name. So a friend and I sat there and we threw a few ideas around, but we couldn't really think of any. If anyone else has a good idea for a project name then let us know!

As I am still without a washing machine (Im being cheap and not buying on just  yet) I decided to go with a local company that does Laundry. Sounds great! £4 for all my clothes to be washed and ironed! Brilliant!
Well, some fella showed up at my door and asked for my clothes. I duly gave them to him and then made the mistake of asking for a receipt. "A what?" he asks! "A receipt" says I! "Oh we dont have those. People trust us!" Says he. Well I do apologise, but coming from Europe I trust nothing unless it is written down and signed by them and me. So I quickly wrote down what I ordered, how much of my stuff he was taking and signed it. Then we had the fun task of his name. "What's your name?" I asked, "I dont know" says he. Eh? You dont know your own name or is something getting lost in translation. So we bandied about for about 5 minutes playing the great name game and eventually he cottons on that I want HIS name, not his father's, brother's or cousins twice removed. His name. So we quickly write that down and then I ask him to sign it. Instead of signing it with a signature, he writes his telephone number. Ok, not bad, if my laundry doesn't reappear then at least I can call him, until I see his little smile as he writes it down. Urm, mate, Im not asking for a date, your signature here saying you have taken my laundry and how much of it you have taken and what your going to do with it! So with a smile and a wave he wanders off with my laundry saying "tomorrow. inshallah"....

No comments:

Post a Comment