Monday, February 21, 2011

Recent Events

Hello!

Well, thanks to all the recent events going on about the Middle East, I have been rather busy and it has somewhat meant that I haven't been able to write on this for a while. So much for my "going to write this once a day" nonsense.

Well, my boat project is currently on hold for the time being. The brand new, all singing and all dancing CAD software that I bought for this doesn't actually work. Apparently it requires an activation code which was scratched out and the sales man knows nothing about it. Strange I feel, so it looks like im going to have to go with Downloads.com as per usual.

Well, things have been rather interesting of late. Im sure you've all read / seen the news as to what's been going on as late. Keeps this place interesting I suppose.

Right, Customer Service. Now I've been in and out of this region for years and even to this day I am still shocked at the level of customer service! In the western world, no call centre or home delivery company would EVER contemplate hanging the phone up on you. EVER. Here it is quite a common practice and to be totally honest it really does piss me off, but is this sort of thing ever likely to change?

I've recently taken to reading some of the internet forum groups of late and I am sad to say that the level's of ignorance scare me. They truly do. I was recently reading Omanternity and the posts in there about how it was ok to beat your maid if "she stole from you or insulted your family". WHAT!? She is your employee, not your damned slave! There is never an excuse for you to beat an employee! Imagine the chaos that would ensue if that was common practice in all professions! Receptionist makes a small mistake, get the whip....
That also, wasn't the worst that I saw as I've been reading through.

Anyways, I need to actually go and get some work done today so Im off for now.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment